With September officially here, it means that millions of kids across the country are heading back to school for another year of learning, extracurricular activities and new experiences. With each new school year comes the need for new clothing, especially for younger kids who are still growing every year.
But preparing for a new school year doesn’t necessarily mean going out and buying your kids brand new clothes. If you are looking to save some money but still give your kids the school looks they deserve, read on for five reasons to visit your tailor in Cape May County for back-to-school season:
- Hand-me-down wonders: No kid relishes wearing their older sibling’s hand-me-downs, but it is a useful solution for many families on a budget. One way to take the stigma out of hand-me-downs is to bring them to your local tailor in Cape May County for any adjustments, additions or refitting they may need to suit their new owner. Your younger child will likely look and feel better in clothing made to fit them, and it’s still less expensive than buying a new wardrobe.
- Quick fixes: Missing buttons, small seam rips and quick growth spurts are all reasons that otherwise perfectly good clothes get tossed out every year. If your child has been rough on their clothing during summer, bring them by your tailor in Cape May County before giving up on them completely. Often, something as simple as sewing in a new button or letting the hem down an inch will make them look as good as new.
- Homecoming attire: As soon as school starts, many high schoolers have only one thing on their mind: who they will bring, and what they will wear, to the upcoming Homecoming dance. To ensure your teenager looks their best, bring them and their dance outfit by your tailor for a perfect fit. That way they won’t have to worry about any broken zippers or overly long dresses the night of the dance.
- Sports uniforms: The beginning of a new school year is also the beginning of the season for many different sports, including football, soccer, swimming and more. If your kids are into fall sports, you likely have experienced the difficulty of trying to remove grass stains or alter a uniform. When you bring your uniforms to your local tailor for cleaning or fitting, we’ll take care of the hard work for you.
- School uniforms: If your kid goes to a private school or a school with a strict dress code, it can be difficult to know if your kid’s uniform is up to code. Most tailors have plenty of experience with school uniforms and know how to fit them perfectly. Whatever the problem may be with your kids’ uniforms, your local tailor in Cape May County can probably help.
Whatever alterations, tailoring or cleaning services you need this school year, Court House Cleaners is here to give you great work and friendly service at affordable prices. We look forward to welcoming you to our shop.