Finally, the summer heat is fading away, the nights are getting nippy, the days are windy and cool and every clothing store is showcasing its best selection of sweaters, scarves and boots. It must be fall at last!
Of course, the changing season means a changing wardrobe, too. How is your autumn outfit selection looking? Whatever your style, make sure to work with an experienced tailor in Cape May County so that all of your clothing fits you to a T.
Here are a few versatile outfit ideas to add to your fall collection today:
- Dress up your skirts: Fall is a great season for skirts—just switch out your wedges or open-toed sandals for a stylish pair of boots, and you’re ready to go. If you want to give your skirts a different look for the new season, try adding a creative top—for example, a plaid skirt with a denim jacket, or a chic bomber jacket for that casual maxi dress.
- Flare your pants: Say hello to the ‘70s, because the flare is back in vogue! Look around and you’ll see plenty of examples to inspire you. Try a pair of flared dress pants in a rusty brown shade, and match with a navy sweater for a vintage chic look. Pro tip: You’ll want to call your tailor in Cape May County to hem these pants to your height; there’s nothing less chill than tripping over your pants and ripping the seams because they’re too long!
- Go classic: If you’re having a casual day, there’s no better way to celebrate than with a classic combo: your favorite faded denim and a chunky top. Think comfy-cut bottoms and a knit or furry sweater. Pair it with some shades, and you’re all set.
- Black is back: It’s pretty hard to pull off a sophisticated all-black look in the summertime; it’s just too hot, and it looks too austere. But fret not, because now is your moment to bring the dark tones in again. Black heels or ankle-length booties look great with black skinny pants, a black sweater, a suave black pea coat and a black clutch.
- Soft is in: It’s crazy but true: velvet is here to play. This soft fabric is having a major moment this fall, so consider embracing the trend in whatever way feels right to you, whether it’s a muted sweater or a full-length coat.
- Scarves are a must: And last but not least, don’t forget the old classic: scarves. These come in so many varieties that they’re perfect for any occasion! Choose a silk floral scarf to go with your sharp business suit, try a playful gingham for your weekend look or choose a uniquely patterned infinity scarf to go with a business casual outfit. Hop online and look up how to tie your scarves—there are a lot of ways to wear them.
Whatever tickles your fancy, now is the time to explore it! Find an excellent tailor in Cape May County to help you achieve the perfect look, and have fun doing it. Get in touch with Court House Cleaners to learn more about what we can offer your wardrobe this fall.